The Ann Letitia Russell Rescue Group

ALRRG pin

Saving Fleetwoods Historic Lifeboat

Registered Charity No:1166752

Meeting Minutes

28th meeting, Royal Oak Fleetwood.                                                               27th Feb 2018 1900 hrs.

 

Minutes of meeting.

 

Present

Jeff Jackson (JJ) [Chair], Rob Baines (RB), Veronica Beevers (VB), Mel Scott (MS), Johnny Scott (JS), Bill Baines (BB), Charles Scott (CS), Harold Lathom (HL), Mike Chelton (MC) Phill.

 

1)

Previous meetings minutes were read and approved by the committee.

 

2) APOLOGIES

Frank Pook (FP), Tony Barnes (TB), Matt Consadine (MC), Barry Jackson (BJ), Eddie Peek (EP), Chris Jackson (CJ), Ian Baker

 

3) VESSELL

The Weather has still not been good, not much work carried out on the boat, the new pump is now up and running.

 

4)BANK ACCOUNT

The online banking is now up and running. We have £7720.45 in the bank account.

 

5)FUNDRAISING

RB Grand Raffle Draw 2018 RB has a designer for the raffle tickets and will order 1000 tickets this week.

VB and Karen are organizing a quiz night at the Bowling Club on 14th April Teams of 6 and £5 per head, we have 3 teams entered so far, RB is getting posters printed and will contact MC to put advert in the press.

RB & VB are looking into funding from LCC & Fleetwood Town Council.

 

6) PARTS

RB continues to source parts. RB & TB are visiting the Manchester & Salford Lifeboat project in Southport 17th March to collect the anchor and meet the guy about the Stanchions and some other fittings.

 

7)WEBSITE

http://www.ann-letitia-russell-rescue-group.org.uk

The website has had 1881 views between 20 Jan & 25 Feb.

Posters for the Quiz night and open day are now on the website, along with a volunteer application form for anyone wishing to volunteer with the group.

 

8) PERMANENT HOME FOR THE VESSELL

CJ & JJ our organizing a meeting with the current building owner within the next few weeks to get a definite price in writing, RB & VB are meeting with Simon Lowton from CVSBWF to move forward with the funding applications, Lottery heritage funding have expressed an interest and also 3 local businesses. We now have a page on the website about our plans for a permanent home and an online questionnaire.

http://www.ann-letitia-russell-rescue-group.org.uk /museum-project/4594156325

 

9) HOUSE KEEPING

The Indemnity forms are now in the container and anyone whom wishes to work on the vessel or any visitors wishing to go on board the vessel need to fill one out.

RB is to look at the level of Insurance we already have for the boat and if we need another policy for public and volunteer liability insurance.

 

10) POLOS

A number of designs have been put forward for the embraided logo to use on polo shirts and the members present agreed on a design to use, RB and MC to get prices for polos shirts, Sweat shirts hoodies and jackets.

 

11) PRESS

RB contact MC to put advert for the quiz night in the press and the next meeting dates.

 

Meeting ended at 8pm

Next meeting : Dead’Uns 1900 hrs

3rd April 2018

24th April 2018

Previous Meeting Minutes